Oral Cancer Screenings – El Reno, OK
Protecting More Than Just Your Teeth
This year alone, it’s estimated that roughly 53,000 people will be diagnosed with oral cancer. When found early, the disease is relatively easy to treat, and the recovery can be quite short. That’s why, at El Reno Family Dentistry, we perform a thorough visual and tactile oral cancer screening at every appointment. It only takes a minute or so, but it can literally save someone’s life! To learn more about how our team can protect you from more than just cavities and gum disease, read about the importance of oral cancer screenings in El Reno, OK below.
Why Choose El Reno Family Dentistry for Oral Cancer Screenings?
- Screenings Performed at Every Checkup
- Highly-Trained and Qualified Dentists
- Brand New, State-of-the-Art Dental Office
Facts About Oral Cancer
Your dentist could very well be your number one soldier in the fight against oral cancer. Statistics show in about 10% of patients, dentists notice a problem area even before the patient notices. During a regular dental checkup, your dentist will examine your entire mouth, searching for a flat, painless, white or red spot or small sore. Other signs of oral cancer can include:
- A sore that bleeds easily or does not heal.
- A color change of the oral tissues.
- A lump, thickening, rough spot, crust, or small, eroded area.
- Pain, tenderness, or numbness anywhere in the mouth or on the lips.